Below is a collection I will add to for data-based resources for first responders. Thank you all for your service.
|Emergency Vehicle Visibility and Conspicuity Study.||
- Fire Truck
- Fire Engine
- The increased use of retroreflective materials holds great promise for enhancing the conspicuity of emergency vehicles.
- Both visibility and recognition are important facets of emergency vehicle conspicuity.
- The use of contrasting colors can assist drivers with locating a hazard amid the visual clutter of the roadway.
- Fluorescent colors (especially fluorescent yellow-green and orange) offer higher visibility during daylight hours.
- There is limited scientific evidence that drivers are “drawn into” highly-visible emergency vehicles.
- It is theoretically possible to “over-do” the use of retroreflective materials and interfere with drivers’ ability to recognize other hazards.
- Effectiveness of the “Battenburg” pattern in the UK appears primarily related to its association with police vehicles in that country.